There are several standing committees assigned to work on various issues and actions that the 4Cs deems important. Please visit the pages below for more information on each committee’s contact information and activities.
- Legislative Action Committee: directs the union’s legislative agenda, coordinates the union’s advocacy campaigns, and works with the 4Cs Legislative Director and Lobbyist.
- Political Action Committee: reviews the records and positions of candidates running for elected office, makes recommendations on endorsements to the Delegate Assembly, and coordinates the union’s participation in electoral campaigns.
- Organizing Committee: seeks ways to inform members about the benefits of being a 4Cs member and to involve members in union activities.
- Equal Opportunities Committee: addresses issues of equity and parity within the community college system, promotes an appreciation of our racial, cultural, and economic diversity.
- Professional Affairs Committee: makes recommendations for action on non-contractual matters.
- Part-Timers Committee: addresses issues of concern to part-time community college employees and looks to advance their interests through contract negotiations and other means.